Leukemia refers to the cancer of blood cells. This type of cancer begins in the bone marrow and is characterized by abnormal proliferation of white blood cells.
- Increased occurrence of bruising
- Increased risk of infections
- Feeling tired
There is no single known cause for any of the different types of leukemia but there still do exist many risk factors.
- Previous cancer treatment.
- Genetic disorders
- Certain blood disorders
- Exposure to high levels of radiation
- Exposure to certain chemicals such as benzene
- Family history of leukemia
Method of Diagnosis:
- Medical History and examination
- Microscopic Examination of blood and bone marrow samples
- Lymph node biopsy
The treatment modality depends on:
- Type of Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
- Extent of the disease
- Prior History of treatment
- Age & health of patient
The different treatment methods include:
- Radiation Therapy which uses X-rays or other high-energy beams to damage leukemia cells and stop their growth.
- Biological Therapy which works by helping your immune system recognizes and attack leukemia cells
- Targeted therapy which uses drugs that attack specific vulnerabilities within your cancer cells
- Bone Marrow Transplant which is a procedure to replace your diseased bone marrow with healthy bone marrow
Life after Treatment
The prognosis of leukemia depends upon several factors, including the patient's age, the type of leukemia, and the extent to which the cancer has spread.
Cost of Treatment
Exact Cost of the Blood Cancer Treatment varies person to person and will depend on the treatment plan of the Individual and also on the choice of the healthcare facility and Hospital Room, however average minimum price of the Bone Marrow Transplant Procedure in India is around USD 30,000, Per cycle of Chemotherapy cost around USD 1000-1500 and cost of Per Cycle Radiotherapy is around USD 1500-2000 this is an all inclusive cost.
Doctors and Surgeons present in NewLife Health Tour's network hospitals are well trained in the management of Blood Cancer Treatment and in other complimentary Medical specialties. Doctors will work with you to determine the most appropriate treatment plan, based on your symptoms and the resources. Our associate Board certified surgeons are highly experienced and have performed more than hundreds of such kinds of surgery at our state of the art JCI accredited hospitals where diagnostic and therapeutic services are seamlessly integrated under the same roof. Our World-renowned team of surgeons and highly trained nurses provide comprehensive care of the highest quality, ensuring that patients receive the most advanced treatments known to medicine.