Hospital Designation: Consultant In-charge Gastroenterology Unit and Liver Transplant Department
Liver Transplant, Surgical Gastroenterology
Dr. Abhideep Chaudhary is one India’s most endowed new-generation surgeons in the field of Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation. He is highly specialized in hepatobiliary and liver transplant surgery has worked as Multi-Organ Transplant Surgeon in various hospitals.
- He also holds the unique distinction of holding a fellowship from the Thomas Starzl Transplantation Institute (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), Pittsburgh, USA which is the world’s most renowned transplant center and is also considered to be the “Mecca” of Liver Transplantation.
- He also is credited with 11 papers and 24 abstracts published in his name in various International medical journals like Transplant International, Transplantation Proceedings, Tropical Gastroenterology, Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, to name a few.
- He is also an active member of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, International Liver Transplant Society and Association of Surgeons of India.
- He is also a frequent speaker at various International medical conferences including the International Congress of the Transplantation Society, the American Transplant Congress and the Annual Conference Association of Surgeons of India among various others.
- MBBScompleted in 2000 from Goa Medical College and Hospital, Goa University, India
- MS (GENERAL SURGERY) completed in 2005 from Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, New Delhi, India
- Fellowship until 2011 in HEPATOBILIARY and MULTIORGAN TRANSPLANT SURGERYfrom Thomas Starzl Transplantation Institute (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), Pittsburgh, 2011
- Consultant – Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi India–October 2012-Till date.
- Consultant – Centre for Liver and Biliary Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, India–August 2011 – October 2012.
- Chief Clinical Fellow/Senior Administrative Fellow (Transplant Surgery): Division of Transplant Surgery – Thomas Starzl Transplantation Institute (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), Pittsburgh, PA, USA – June 2010 – June 2011.
- Multi-organ Transplant Surgery Fellow: Division of Transplant Surgery – Thomas Starzl Transplantation Institute (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), Pittsburgh, PA, USA – June 2009 – – June 2011.
- Junior Consultant – Department of Transplant Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, India– May 2008 through June 2009.
- Senior Residency- Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India – July 2005 through May 2008.
- Senior Residency- Department of Surgery, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India –May 2005 through July 2005.
- Junior Residency (Post graduation)- Department of Surgery, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi India –May 2002 through April 2005.
- Junior Residency- Guru Gobind Singh Hospital, Raghubir Nagar, New Delhi, India – February 2001 through May 2001.
- Rotating Internship- Goa Medical College, Goa – January through March 2000. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital, Hari Nagar, New Delhi – April 2000 through December 2000.
- Liver Transplant
- Liver Cancer Treatment
- Portal Hypertension Treatment
- Gall Bladder & Bile Duct Surgeries
- Pancreatic Surgeries
- Gastro intestinal and Hepatopancreatobiliary Cancer treatment
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery
- American Society Of Transplant Surgeons
- Life Time Member Of Indian Medical Association
- Life Time Member Of Association Of Surgeons Of India
- International Liver Transplant Society
Presentations And Publications
- Research Paper: Mushtaq A, Chaudhary A, Vasudevan KR, Chaudhary N, Rawat S. Controversies in management of gastric cancer. CMRP. Volume 4, Issue 6, November–December 2014, Pages 263–273
- Research Paper: Taneja S, Manavwadhawan, Gupta S, Neeravgoyal, Ramaswamy KV, Chaudhary A. Congenital hepatic fibrosis with extra-hepatic porto-systemic shunt and hepatopulmonary syndrome successfully managed with living related liver transplantation. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014 Apr-Jun;35(2):116-8. PMID: 25470876
- Research Paper: Chaudhary A, Daga S, Goyal N, Ramaswamy VK, Agarwal S, Pareek S, Ray R, Wadhawan M, Gupta S. Emergency Living Donor Liver Transplant in a Patient with Child C Cirrhosis and Strangulated Umbilical Hernia. Exp Clin Transplant.2013 Feb; 11(1):66-67. PMID: 23190414.
- Research Paper: Chaudhary A, Ramaswamy VK, Vohra S, Goyal N, Wadhawan M, Gupta S. Roux- en-Y limb artery as inflow in right lobe live donor liver transplantation: an innovative solution to a rare problem. Transpl Int. Pub Status: Peer review.
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Vasudevan Ramaswamy, Subhash Chandra Soni, Abhideep Chaudhary, Saumitra Rawat, Anil Arora. Preservation of the Segment Four Lower (S4A) Venous Drainage Improves Donor Safety in Living Related Liver Transplantation. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014 (IASG Supplement)
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Subhash Chandra Soni, Karisangal Vasudevan Ramaswamy, Abhideep Chaudhary, Saumitra Rawat. Simultaneous presentation of retroperitoneal malignant fibrous histocytoma with neurofibroma spine – A case report and review of literature. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014 (IASG Supplement)
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Subhash Chandra Soni, Vasudevan Ramaswamy, Abhideep Chaudhary, Saumitra Rawat, Anil Arora Side biting hepatic outflow-caval anastomosis has a protective effect on renal function in living donor liver transplantation. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014 (IASG Supplement)
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Neeraj Chaudhary, Karisangal Ramaswamy Vasudevan, Abhideep Chaudhary. Isolated Right Posterior Sectoral Duct Stricture: A Novel Treatment Approach. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014 (IASG Supplement)
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Manoj gupta, Pankaj Nemade, Karisangal Vasudevan Ramaswamy, Abhideep Chaudhary, Saumitra Rawat, Suresh Singhvi. Hepatocelluler Carcinoma with Right Atrium Metastasis- A CASE REPORT. Trop Gastroenterol. 2013 (IASG Supplement)
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Gunabushanam V, Chaudhary A, Humar A. Living Donor Liver transplantation. Living Donor Advocacy: An Evolving Role Within Transplantation. Springer. Chapter- 3; 29-40.
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Chaudhary A, Humar A. Graft Dysfunction and Technical Complications after Liver Transplant. ICU Care of Abdominal Organ Transplant Patients. Oxford University Press. Chapter-15; 135-156.
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Chaudhary A, Wijkstrom M, Shapiro R. Kidney Transplantation: Surgical techniques. ICU Care of Abdominal Organ Transplant Patients. Oxford University Press. Chapter-18; 173-190.
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Chaudhary A, Humar A. Postoperative complications after LT – Vascular, Biliary. Clinical update Liver transplantation in ECAB – Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver transplantation. Reed Elsevier India Pvt. Ltd.
- Research Paper Publication/Abstracts: Chaudhary A, Humar A. Living donor liver transplantation. Abdominal organ Transplantation- State of the Art. Blackwell Publishing Limited. Chapter- 3; 33-55.
- Lecture: National Faculty for Indian association for Surgical Gastroenterology 2014. Chaired Guest lecture session on 5th October 2014. Ahmadabad, Gujrat.
- Lecture: Invited Faculty for South Asian Association for Study of Liver (SAASL) – Advances in Hepatology 2014 Annual meeting. Chaired Session on Emergencies in Post Liver Transplant Scenario. 6th September 2014. New Delhi.
- Lecture: Chaired and Judged the Compettition Paper Session at ENDOSURG 2014. AIIMS, New Delhi. 23rd March 2014
- Lecture: Invited faculty for Pancreas Meet 2014. Chaired Session on pancreatic tumor management. February 2014.
- Lecture: Delivered at Update in oncology 2014. Small HCC in cirrhotics – resection vs transplant. April 20, 2014.
Awards And Accomplishments
- “National Status Award for Health Excellence”- In recognition of sterling Merit Excellent Performance and Outstanding Contribution for the progress of the nation and worldwide.- 17th November 2014, New Delhi.
- Elected for the post of “Asst. Secretary General” Indian Medical association Westtown Branch, New Delhi for the year 2014-2015.
- “Global Achiever’s Award”- 15th February 2014, Bangkok, Thailand.
- “Rashtriya Chikitsa Puruskar and Gold Medal”- In recognition of outstanding and exemplary services rendered to society for betterment of human lives.- 12th December 2013.